Yellowhammer Fund is an abortion fund and reproductive justice organization dedicated to ensuring that all people can make autonomous decisions about their needs and access necessary resources regardless of race, income, location, age, marriage status, documentation, gender or ability. Established in Alabama in 2017, we believe in a just and equitable society where each person can make choices free from coercion by the government, financial constraints, familial or partner intervention, or status as a citizen, and will enthusiastically meet the needs of those in marginalized communities most affected by a lack of political and economic power.
Yellowhammer Fund provides practical, financial and logistical support for those who need to access reproductive healthcare services in Alabama or Alabamians needing care in other states. Our services include:
- Abortion funding
- Travel and lodging support
- Emergency contraception access
- Referrals to local medical services providing abortion, contraception, STI diagnosis and treatment, hormone therapies, prenatal care and other needs with out judgement and without discrimination due to race, gender, income, marriage status, sexual orientation, ability or age.
- Comprehensive, age appropriate sexual education materials
- COVID-19 material support for local low-income communities, including hand sanitizer, soap, disinfectants, wipes and other needs, in conjunction with our partner organizations.
- COMING SOON – the Birmingham Reproductive Justice Resource Center